06 January 2010

dd, my dream job edition

I wouldn't say that I'm a bookworm, but I do enjoy reading when I find the time (and when I don't fall asleep). Children's literature, to be specific.

I want to read kids books all day. I want to have all the books and authors memorized - like Meg Ryan in You've Got Mail. I want to be a resource of knowledge (in the area of children's literature). I want to spend my days making book lists for teachers to use in their units and lessons. I want to organize, label and categorize things.

I want to be an elementary school librarian. Or own a children's book store. Really the latter, but the former is more achievable.

I somehow feel that it's not ok that my (not-so-secret) dream is to become a librarian.

Even though I know it is.

1 comment:

Kelli said...

I used to want to be a librarian. In fact, I still think I wouldn't mind it. Hm, maybe I should still consider it :)