28 June 2010

dd, old men edition

I love old men (I'm talking 80 years old and up). I attribute it to the fact that I have fantastic grandfathers. My remaining living grandpa is probably the cutest old man I've ever known in my life. I can't help but think of him when I see other old men.

Today while I was at the grocery store I chose the check-out line purely on the basis that there was a cute old man in his checkered button-down shirt and khakis right in front of me buying a cantelope, canned cranberry jelly, and sesame oil. Maybe what I love most about the elderly in general is their predictability.

And, as I anticipated, the old man was friendly and said a few words to me. They like to make little jokes, the old men do. "And I thought we chose the quick line!" (It was taking a while.)

Another thing I like about old men: they talk to me. Frequently, too. And the majority of the time they will tell me I'm cute or a "good looking young lady." If, socially, I was supposed to be associating with old men instead of guys my own age, I would have no problems finding a boyfriend. Guys, take a cue from the 80-90 year-olds, please!

I think I'm going to call my grandpa today.

1 comment:

kg said...

So, did you call Grandpa?